About Alliantist and ISMS.online
At Alliantist we love simplifying the complex and sharing our knowledge in easy-to-use ways. We’re obsessed with making things better, but only when it’s useful for our customers. We’re open, honest and approachable, and we do our best to be there for everyone.
Our flagship SaaS product is ISMS.online; an all-in-one-place management system for information security, privacy, business continuity and other compliance work.
This role would be joining a stable and well established team building and developing ISMS.online and our other product offerings.
Alliantist is a fast growing entrepreneurial business, operating in one of the most exciting SaaS markets. The opportunity for growth is significant and we’re looking for people who can help us take ISMS.online to the next level.
This role is based at our offices in Brighton, East Sussex.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Analyst with a track record in creating delightful and effective workflows and user experiences for web applications.
In this role you will
Oversee User / Market Research
- Get inside what having an ISMS means to our customers, their goals and pain points. You will become a product expert and evangelist.
- Conduct user and stakeholder interviews, research and testing
- Create and evolve defined user journeys and workflows through our platform to ensure customers can meet their goals swiftly and simply
Manage and develop ideas for development
- Own the development of ideas into fleshed out user stories and epics ready for development
- Assist with the planning and prioritization of new work into the production team
- Alongside the product coordinator act as an ideas conduit from customers to production and maintain, groom and savagely prune our product backlog and maintain our internal and external roadmaps
Act as key stakeholder during development
- Work with the development team to prototype new ideas
- Be a key stakeholder in the delivery of all new platform features
- Work in an evidenced based way to the value and ROI (financial, experiential, emotional) of changes made to the system
- Mentor the product coordinator role and other new staff working in a product management capacity
How we work
We operate a just-in-time agile model and our team is self organising once work has been identified and prioritised. Daily collaboration is via standups, JIRA boards and ad-hoc video calls as needed.
Many of the production team work remotely but to better understand our customer experience this role is located in our Brighton offices alongside our Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
We value openness and idea sharing.
Your skills and experience
- Understanding customer lifecycles
- Software application / Site Auditing User journey mapping / architecting
- Business Analysis
- Writing user stories / customer journeys
- Constructing quantifiable goals (what’s the intended benefit and its ROI) and working with stakeholders to plan achievable milestones
- Be able to speak in practical detail about how you have faced and overcome challenges before
- Experience working with well established existing systems, this is not greenfield development
- Experience in improving the onboarding of new customers
- Data driven – being able to work (collect, analyse, present) data
- Conducting customer interviews and usability testing
- Peer leadership in small teams / servant leadership. This role won’t be managing anyone directly at this time, but you should be clear in articulating your vision and helping set a direction
- Working with Agile / just in time approach
- Familiarity with ISO 27001 Information Security, GDPR, compliance or standards related areas
Benefits of working for ISMS.online
- Attractive base salary based on experience (full time)
- Bonus based on individual and organisation performance
- Company pension contributions
- Access to our share options when the scheme launches later in 2021
- 28 days holiday (inc bank holidays), increasing up to 34 over time
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite parking
- Office beverages and socials
- Casual dress
Note: We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for us.
This role will also interact with our government hosted platform. As a result this position is only open to UK residents. The successful candidate will be required to undergo SC security clearance vetting.
By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.