We are looking for a highly professional, commercially astute and detail focused salesperson to play an important part in the growth of our cyber security SaaS compliance software, ISMS.online. Operating in one of the most exciting SaaS markets globally, ISMS.online already has hundreds of customers and many partners from all over the world.
Our continued investment in growth is being focused on building our commercial teams and putting in place the sales and marketing infrastructure we need to exceed our big ambitions. This opening will allow an equally ambitious individual to join the business at a time of significant growth now that the marketing infrastructure is in place. The primary objectives of this role will be on making sales to mid/larger enterprises with more complex needs than our standard customers, and developing material amounts of new business with, and through, strategically significant partners.
You will be expected to target and win new business across the globe in our key territories. Whilst there are inbound leads the expectation is for this role to be proactive in business development to desired targets as well. You will personally run the full sales process for the more complex, and high value prospects, hunting, nurturing, pitching, negotiating, and closing these deals. Pre-sales technical standards and ISMS.online product experts will be made available although the role holder will be comfortable doing much of the work on their own, only needing specialist help during particularly complex sales.
This varied role will involve prospecting, solution development, constructing compelling proposals, responding to RFI and RFQs when needed, and managing senior level relationships. In addition, you will identify, and secure new strategic partners who will act as both lead generators and resellers for our solution, and proactively account manage a select roster of key partners to ensure they meet sales targets.
The overarching business strategy and technology systems are already in place, so this role is all about execution and achieving the growth objectives. Success will be measured on converting a targeted volume of mid size/larger direct deals regularly (order values from £20-50k+ ARR), not just one or two higher value deals every six months or so.
You will be a genuine solution sales professional with an in-depth knowledge of consultative selling. Your experience in software sales will be evident and you will need to demonstrate your understanding of the SaaS sales process, including excellence in demoing and deal construction. You will most definitely have an entrepreneurial flair and be able to combine that with great success in selling complex technology solutions. Your ability to manage multiple stakeholders through the sales process will be evident and you will be an expert at navigating complex procurement processes. You will already be conversant with the topic of information security, or be a quick and willing learner in the subject. The expectation is that you become very capable around our product and dedicate the time required to make this happen. Most people you will target are likely to already be experts in information security and privacy or at least improving their practices so confidence and competence are key in winning their trust quickly
You will be personable, a team player and willing to participate at every level. But you’ll also demonstrate a desire and motivation to over achieve. Our expectation is that you will see sales targets as something to beat, not meet, and you will be rewarded well when this happens. You will be business goal oriented and have a real drive reflected in your work and play as the high performing culture we are developing is a fundamental foundation for scaleup success. You’ll also be excited by the longer term rewards that come from growing a successful business and are prepared to work hard to achieve the results. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a business doing something special.
Skills & Experiences:
- The most important aspect is that you are a proven sales professional and can demonstrate your previous success across SaaS and technical sales
- A min 3-year background in enterprise sales, ideally within a technology & high growth focused business
- Passionate about sales as a profession with a genuine understanding and belief in consultative selling, staying ahead with new techniques and learning
- Expertise when it comes to written communication, especially in the form of proposals, RFQs and RFI. You will have an attention to detail that means all written responses are of the highest quality
- A confident presenter and comfortable to perform remotely or if required physically in person for presentations, networking and events (most of our work is done remotely)
- Excellent stakeholder management and commercial awareness, including absolute confidence in the SaaS metrics that affect business success
Salary, package and benefits will include:
- Attractive base salary of between £40k – £55k depending on experience with a highly attractive and genuinely uncapped bonus scheme on top. We would expect a realistic OTE of between £100k-120k, however this could be much higher.
- Additional bonuses and awards based on individual & organisation performance
- Opportunity to get share options in future
- Company pension contributions
- 28 days holiday, increasing up to 34 over time
- Cycle to work scheme applicability
- Childcare vouchers
- Onsite parking
- Office beverages
- Socials and team events
This is a Brighton based full time role (when Covid-19 restrictions allow) and recruitment is subject to relevant security and screening checks. In applying for this role you give us permission to process your personal data for the purpose of recruitment evaluation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (RECRUITMENT OR MARKETING SERVICES) AND APPROACHES MADE OUTSIDE THE OFFICIAL RECRUITMENT CHANNEL WILL BE EXCLUDED.
Note: We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for the role. By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.