Finance & Performance Management SpecialistGoals: To develop and manage the finance, administration & performance management activity of the business to ensure it enables growth and success.
Having just completed an equity fundraise we are looking for our first dedicated hire into finance and performance management. We want a hands-on energetic, dynamic and ambitious finance professional to take ownership of the current systems and develop them further as the business grows. Looking beyond finance the role will help integrate performance of the whole organisation to ensure it is optimised as we go to scale.
Whatever your age, you’ll fit into our desired culture of high energy, sporty or fitness centred, healthy wellbeing oriented and already be a winner. You’ll probably have a sense of humour in addition to being serious about the importance of financial and commercial integrity. We dress down at work and have fun but still preserve the premier professional services firm heritage and have a passion for excellence that means high quality is assured.
This is a great opportunity for a financially and commercially astute person with an interest in our sector to get involved in the key business functions. You’ll help grow a small yet well funded highly respected scale up cyber tech business, and if successful may have the opportunity to become its future CFO or COO.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Addressing the day to day financial activities
- Managing the outsourced bookkeepers and accountants, ensuring systems accuracy and key filings e.g. PAYE, VAT, R&D Tax credits etc
- Management accounts, year end statutory accounts reporting and production
- Preparing & producing simple performance reporting including financial and non-financial success measures to aid commercial decision making
- Working with the CEO and Board on the plans and resourcing for growth
- Researching then implementing the financial and performance management systems that will integrate into the operations as we continue to grow
- Reviewing and conducting analysis around pricing, sales commission plans, costs and other related areas to ensure the business model achieves its goals
- Working with the CEO to develop an integrated operating model for performance management that works across marketing, sales & partnering, success management, production & operations as well as other HQ functions
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified or part qualified/still studying accountant with strong academic background
- At least 2 years practical experience of working in business ideally with SaaS MRR / ARR oriented business management systems or professional services
- Strong knowledge of SaaS financial applications including Xero and the supporting app ecosystem (with a view to evolving that solution over time, not immediately)
- Excellent use of technology tools like excel for modelling including being able to build financial models and scenarios
- Being able to demonstrate a strong commercial depth
- Been part of a fast growing business and able to thrive within a changing workplace
Salary and package will include:
- Base salary of circa £45-55k based on experience with potential for more quickly based on results and contribution
- Attractive bonuses on top, based on individual and organisation performance
- 28 days holiday, increasing up to 34 over time
- Share options for longer term reward
- A route to C-Level opportunities
Note: We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for the role. By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year
Apply for the role
To apply for the role please fill in this short form. Remember to attach your CV and any covering information including your desired salary and any constraints or things we need to be aware of about your application, in either a PDF or Word doc format. We will be in touch soon afterwards. Thank you for your interest in the role.