HR & Office AdministrationGoals: Work with senior management to recruit, onboard and develop talent to help the business achieve its goals. To ensure that the office and associated capability reflects the culture and conditions we want in place as the business grows. To assist the management team in broader business activities and general administration. Help set the tone for what good looks like in the business going forward.
You’ll be the face and voice of our business to many external parties. You’ll also epitomise the characters we want to hire and develop as we continue to grow. Whatever your age and experience you’ll be fun, sporty and into wellbeing, with a high energy and drive reflected in your work and play. You’ll also be excited by the longer term rewards that come from growing a successful business and are prepared to work hard to achieve the results. In summary you are a winner and know what that looks like, what it feels like and can quickly assess it and develop it in others too.
More context: As a result of our recent successes with ISMS.online we have recently completed a fundraising. That investment is being focused on growing the team and putting in place the infrastructure for the next phase of success. As a result we are looking for a versatile professional who can help us administer and develop a range of areas that underpin the plans for growth.
This is a very hands-on role. It has a need for pragmatism and fast delivery as well as working within budgetary constraints of a small growing tech business. Alongside practical people engagement and office administration it also requires effort towards making our firm a cool and attractive place to be employed for the type of work we do. Cool does not mean lavish workspaces, outrageous extravagance, or faddish wasteful investments. It does mean feeling energised about going to work and getting a really important job done, tackling some thorny challenges that make you feel good at the end of each day. It means being part of a team keen to help, and fighting to win, in a fast growing cyber security space internationally, protecting and growing organisations all over the world. It also means celebrating the fruits of those efforts with our customers, partners and colleagues with a longer term mindset on lifetime value and shareholder returns, feeling proud about making a real difference.
Whilst we ideally want daily support, the role may also suit part time activity as well, at least until the organisation reaches the next phase of growth.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Chief Executive and other members of the leadership team to develop the existing candidate & employee engagement systems
- Making sure that the whole recruitment and ongoing employee engagement experience reflects the values, behaviours and standards we want to be measured against
- Working with department heads to identify specific role requirements, develop those into candidate profiles, then target, screen and recruit the best people for the roles
- Onboarding those resources quickly and efficiently, working with the relevant team leader to ensure the induction and ongoing support is appropriate for the role
- Looking at the development needs and personal career goals of existing hires and new recruits, taking into account the expected change of the organisation
- Helping bring alive the cultural foundation we want for the next level of organisation development
- Ensuring the office environment and workplace is kept well organised, reflects the culture and business goals
- Working with the Head of Finance and bookkeepers to ensure payroll and related administrative work for employees is all in place and accurate
- Ensuring that we meet our obligations for personal data management
- Ensuring that the employment terms & conditions, policies and procedures are meeting applicable legislation, reflect the market expectations and desired cultural practices
- Assisting the management team in business administration, procurement, meetings organisation and other tasks that need to be executed from time to time
- Supporting with operational work, addressing enquiries and helping with sales activity around prospects, customers and partners when required
Skills and experience will include:
- CIPD qualification or at least working towards it
- Dealing with staff and recruitment activity in a small growing business
- Understanding of organisation change & development methods
- Strong administration and communication skills in a technology centred workplace
- Experience in supporting or driving system and process changes
- Confident with financial and commercial aspects of business and able to work comfortably with applications like Office 365, Google Docs, Xero, CRM tools etc
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline
- Experience from within a fast growing cloud software or subscription service business is desirable
Salary and package will include:
- Attractive base salary up to £33k based on experience (full time)
- Bonus based on individual and organisation performance
- 28 days holiday, increasing up to 34 over time
- Opportunity to get share options in future
- Profit sharing/share options
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Note: We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for the role. By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 to £33,000.00 /year
Apply for the role
To apply for the role please fill in this short form. Remember to attach your CV and any covering information including your desired salary and any constraints or things we need to be aware of about your application, in either a PDF or Word doc format. We will be in touch soon afterwards. Thank you for your interest in the role.