Marketing Communications SpecialistGoal: Engage the audience and drive significant demand for ISMS.online services
Our business is focused on content led, inbound demand generation for inside sales and partner reselling. We also embed specialist knowledge and content inside our ISMS.online service and help simplify complex ISMS topics for a wide range of customers in their use of the software.
This is an important role where digital marketing is right at the heart of our small growing business. We are now seeking a marketing communications and content specialist who can create compelling communications at a brand, proposition and sector level and harness PR to a positive effect that builds on the great platform we have already created. It will also include developing then delivering customer & partner focused campaigns and communications for success in engagement, adoption and growth lifecycle work.
The role is all about delivery. Whilst there is always a strategic consideration at this level including ongoing planning, we only want someone who is ideas oriented and has the ability to execute on it themselves, with our existing team. The role will also take on the day to day management of two more junior staff already working in the area and our outsourced SEO experts. The role will initially report directly to the CEO.
Basic salary is based on experience and will range from £35k to £45k p.a. fulltime with the prospect for individual and team bonuses based on business success.
For exceptional candidates who deliver high performance and achieve results very quickly there is the potential to increase personal salary and promotion quickly as the business continues to expand.
20 days holiday plus English bank holidays on top, increasing by 1 bonus day for each calendar year (up to 26 days plus bank holidays). Easy parking, train and bus access, secure bike storage and showers if you’re a cyclist or runner, as well as all the water, tea and coffee you can drink (sometimes stronger stuff too:)
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to write persuasive content and bring alive the words with suitable imagery including the ability to write a soundbite, testimonial, sentence, a webpage or a whitepaper all alone
- Comfortable in working as part of a team with our expert information security resources in-house and partners where specialist knowledge is required
- Capable of evolving the brand messaging and delivering the detailed communications that sit behind it all
- Capable of generating free PR and getting ISMS.online into the key media channels at no cost
- Able to complete a brief from rough ideas and build their own from effective research on the trending subjects in our target markets
- Completely fluent in English for written and verbal communications that have both a UK and international dimension given our growing global presence
- Appreciative of the meaning and language used in information security management, privacy and cyber hygiene subjects – or at the least be a fast learner and keen to demystify them
- Capable of communicating value propositions with problem, need, benefit and feature based content for ISMS.online and with our partners complementary services in mind
- Digitally savvy, very strong end user IT skills with a good understanding of WordPress, image editing and all the channels where we want to be found
- Very confident in how to write for effective human consumption and SEO success
- Experienced in conversion rate optimisation and encouraging user journey decisions
- Degree educated, strong on psychology and behavioural decision making to communicate persuasively
- Capable of delivering work quickly and frequently with excellent attention to detail and work to the quality needed
- A good team player, able to motivate and manage others without taking all day over it
- Can demonstrate ongoing personal development and up to date knowledge about the best ways to succeed in today’s marketing communications and engagement activity
The role may also suit one or more part time workers so we will be open to applications from suitably experienced individuals (where salary and benefits will be pro-rata).
Apply for the role
To apply for the role please fill in this short form. Remember to attach your CV and any covering information including your desired salary and any constraints or things we need to be aware of about your application, in either a PDF or Word doc format. We will be in touch soon afterwards. Thank you for your interest in the role.