We’re looking for two experienced and UK based back-end developers to join our fast growing, entrepreneurial business, operating in one of the most exciting SaaS markets. The opportunity for growth is significant and we’re looking for people who can help us take ISMS.online to the next level.
You will join a team of 6 developers and will be responsible for developing our main application and its supporting services.
This is an exciting time for the ISMS.online platform as the business continues to scale and grow. As part of this role you will be contributing to scaling up the platform for future growth, including moving towards a more service oriented architecture.
To complement our existing team we are looking for the following additional skills and experience to be covered by both positions:
- Infrastructure administration using kubernetes and AWS
In this role you would be working with the CTO and reporting to the Head of Products & Services.
Our application uses Ruby on Rails and runs on kubernetes in AWS. We have strong test coverage and code standards.
Main technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- Kubernetes and docker
Your skills and experience:
For both positions
- Substantial commercial experience building web applications
- Competence in Ruby on Rails and strong skills in Ruby and Object Orientated design
- Real world experience structuring applications using established design patterns
- Appreciation of functional programming concepts
- Experience of testing a Rails application from low to high level
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience of Git
Nice to have
- Familiarity with ISO 27001
- Experience of
- NoSQL structured storage
- SAML SSO and or SCIM
With infrastructure administration skills:
- Knowledge and experience of Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge and experience of common AWS services: S3, EC2, EKS, RDS, etc.
- Experience of the Unix shell
Nice to have
- Experience with infrastructure as code, especially Terraform
- Experience with Helm
- AWS Lambda
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Awareness and consideration of security concerns and principles
With front end development skills:
- Knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- Experience writing structured JS code
Nice to have
- Experience with modern JS frameworks
- Experience with ‘type-safe’ JS (e.g. TypeScript)
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES (RECRUITMENT OR MARKETING SERVICES) AND APPROACHES MADE OUTSIDE THE OFFICIAL RECRUITMENT CHANNEL WILL BE EXCLUDED.
Note: We are an ISO 27001 certified organisation, trusted by our customers, partners and others for what we do. All appointments are therefore subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standards checks and other popular employment checks, e.g. references that help demonstrate you are the right person for the role. By applying you give consent for us to process your information in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.