Scoping the ISMS to satisfy stakeholder interests
Depending on what the ISMS is aiming to achieve, the scope of the ISMS will vary.
At a minimum the organisation needs to follow applicable legislation and regulation, with examples of increasing demands for regulation based jobs seen in NYDFS 23500 from the New York Department of Financial Services for cyber security, and Network Information Services (NIS) Directive to protect essential services.
GDPR is also one of the most comprehensive and popular examples of regulation to comply with right now.
Doing that well helps go towards the achievement of many other security standards too.
An ISMS delivers a positive return on investment. The goal of our whitepaper is to show you why, what, and how you can get RoI from an ISMS that fits the business needs.
You can download it now to share with colleagues or work through the considerations online using the index below.
What are the key considerations when building the business case for an Information Security Management System?
- A growing challenge
- Three reasons why nothing happens
- The return on investment from information security management
- A point on people
- In considering the technology
- What is an ISMS?
- What are the components of an ISMS?
- Why do organisations need an ISMS?
- Is your organisation leadership ready to support an ISMS?
- Developing the business case for an ISMS
- Benefits to realise - Achieving returns from the threats and opportunities
- Evaluating the threats
- Identifying the opportunities
- Stakeholder expectations for the ISMS given their relative power and interest
- Scoping the ISMS to satisfy stakeholder interests
- GDPR focused work
- Doing other work for broader security confidence and assurance with higher RoI
- Work to get done for ISO 27001:2013/17
- Build or buy - Considering the best way to achieve ISMS success
- Understanding the components of an ISMS solution
- The people involved in the ISMS
- The characteristics of a good technology solution for your ISMS
- Whether to build or buy the technology part of the ISMS
- The core competences of the organisation, costs and opportunity costs
- In conclusion
Convinced on the RoI of an ISMS for your organisation?
Now discover how ISMS.online will help reduce your investment and get you better results more quickly too