Note – Opexo is now part of ISMS.online
If you’ve forgotten what your password is or entered the incorrect password too many times when trying to log in, you will need to reset your password. To reset your password, click the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link under the sign-in form on the login page.
Clicking this link will take you to the Forgotten password page. Enter the email address you usually use to log into the platform and click ‘Reset Password’.
It triggers a password reset email to be sent to your inbox. That is sent instantly from our system but can take up to 15 minutes or longer to reach you depending on factors beyond our control and any internal IT policies in your organisation.
Other related issues affecting logging in
Signing in for the first time
You should have received a welcome email with a link to activate your account for the first time.
If you have not received your welcome email
- Check your spam folder.
- Check with your opexo administrator that they have registered the correct email address with correct spelling.
You’ve received your welcome email but the link has expired
- For security, the link is valid for 14 days. Use the password reset process above to create a password and gain access.
The email with link to reset your password has not shown up
- Make sure you are using the email address you have registered with opexo. Check with your opexo administrator.
- Check the spelling of your email address.
- Occasionally the email gets caught by spam folders so check there.
- Very occasionally some email systems hold / quarantine automatically generated emails for security checks. Check with your IT department.
You’ve got the email but the link does not work:
- Every time you request a new password reset a new link is sent out. For your security, only the most recent link will work. Try resetting your password once more and click on the link in the new email that arrives.
- For your security, the link is valid for 24 hours so may have expired. Try resetting your password again.
Too many unsuccessful login attempts
Use the password reset process to reset your account and gain access.
You are using 2-factor authentication but your code is not working
- Check that you are using the correct authentication code and that it hasn’t expired.
- Authentication apps generate codes based on time. Ensure the time on your device is correct. If you are using Google Authenticator make sure your authenticator app is synced with the time on your device. To do this in Google Authenticator app go to Settings > Time correction for codes > Sync now.
You no longer have access to your authenticator app
- Instead of an authentication code, you can enter your 2-factor backup code generated when you setup 2-factor authentication.
- Speak to an administrator for your organisation who can disable your 2-factor authentication.