How to build the business case for your ISMS
Our introduction to calculating your infosec investment RoI
Creating a new Information Security Management System (ISMS) or updating your current one can be a big investment. But the benefits of having a robust, effective, ISO 27001 compliant or certified ISMS easily outweigh its costs. It can have a surprisingly high RoI.
That’s especially true if you’re upgrading your infosec measures to:
- Win important new business and hold on to existing customers
- Work within a regional or sector-specific regulatory regime
- Safeguard your organisation from growing cybercrime challenges
But estimating that RoI can be a challenge. So we’ve created a white paper to help you build the business case for your new ISMS. It’ll take you through the infosec fundamentals and help you think through your organisation’s unique security challenges and opportunities.
Then you’ll calculate your ISMS development or upgrade RoI based on real costs, benefits and consequences. If you want to show your organisation just how productive getting serious about infosec can be, it’s essential. You can:
- Download it now to read and share with
- Work through it online using the index below
The key considerations when building the business case for an ISMS?
- 1Building the business case for an ISMS
- 3The Challenge is Growing
- 4Three Reasons Why Nothing Happens
- 5Planning the business case for an ISMS
- 6A Point on People
- 7In Considering The Technology
- 8What is an ISMS?
- 9Understanding the Components of an ISMS
- 10The People Involved in the ISMS
- 11Why Do Organisations Need An ISMS?
- 12Is Your Organisation Leadership Ready to Support an ISMS?
- 13Developing the Business Case for an ISMS
- 14Achieving Returns from the Threats and Opportunities
- 15Stakeholder Expectations for the ISMS given their Relative Power and Interest
- 16Scoping the ISMS to Satisfy Stakeholder Interests
- 17GDPR Focused Work
- 18The Return on Investment from Information Security Management
- 19Doing Other Work for Broader Security Confidence & Assurance with Higher RoI
- 20Build or Buy – Considering the Best Way to Achieve ISMS Success
- 21The characteristics of a good technology solution for your ISMS
- 22Whether to Build or Buy the Technology Part of the ISMS
- 23The Core Competences of the Organisation, Costs and Opportunity Costs
- 24Evaluating The Threats
- 25Identifying The Opportunities
- 26Work To Get Done for ISO 27001
- 27In Conclusion