How to build the business case for your ISMS
Our introduction to calculating your infosec investment RoI
Creating a new Information Security Management System (ISMS) or updating your current one can be a big investment. But the benefits of having a robust, effective, ISO 27001 compliant or certified ISMS easily outweigh its costs. It can have a surprisingly high RoI.
That’s especially true if you’re upgrading your infosec measures to:
- Win important new business and hold on to existing customers
- Work within a regional or sector-specific regulatory regime
- Safeguard your organisation from growing cybercrime challenges
But estimating that RoI can be a challenge. So we’ve created a white paper to help you build the business case for your new ISMS. It’ll take you through the infosec fundamentals and help you think through your organisation’s unique security challenges and opportunities.
Then you’ll calculate your ISMS development or upgrade RoI based on real costs, benefits and consequences. If you want to show your organisation just how productive getting serious about infosec can be, it’s essential. You can:
- Download it now to read and share with
- Work through it online using the index below
How do you build the business case for an ISMS?
Thinking through the big picture
- Understanding the context
- The growing challenge of cybercrime
- Three reasons why organisations don’t act
- Infosec management’s RoI
- A point on people
- Thinking through the technology
Understanding Your ISMS
Pinning down your organisation’s ISMS needs and readiness
- Is your organisation leadership ready to support an ISMS?
- Developing the business case for an ISMS
- Achieving returns from threats and opportunities
- Evaluating the threats
- Identifying the opportunities
- Mapping out stakeholder expectations of your ISMS
- Scoping the ISMS to satisfy stakeholder interests
- GDPR focused work
- Doing other work for broader security confidence with higher ROI
Creating your ISMS