- You must be a platform administrator to carry out these actions.
- If unable to access your 2FA device, we first suggest that you attempt to log in using your back-up code.
Disabling two-factor authentication (2FA) for users within your organisation
You can remove two-factor authentication from users within your organisation. You might want to do this if a user within your organisation has forgotten their 2FA backup code.
A platform administrator can carry out the following instructions to disable 2FA for a user:
- Hover over your name/avatar in the top right of www.isms.online
- Click ‘Organisation settings’
- Click ‘Registered users’
- Click on the name of the user that you would like to remove 2FA for
- Click on ‘Preferences’
- Click ‘Disable 2-factor authentication’
- Enter your password and click on the ‘Disable 2-factor authentication’ button
The user will now be able to log in without needing to enter a 2FA code.
The user may want to enable 2FA again after regaining access to www.isms.online. You can find out how to enable 2FA.
If you would like to find out how to see which users within your organisation have 2FA enabled, click users within your organisation have 2FA enabled.
Note: It is not possible to enable 2FA on behalf of other users, if you would like another user to set up 2FA, they can follow the steps on this page to enable this on their account.