The People Involved in the ISMS
In considering the people, have in mind the following:
3 Cs: Capacity, Capability and Confidence. The people involved need the capacity to get the work done, the capability to perform the jobs and the confidence to know what to do.
External support can be great to help with any of the 3Cs but before choosing a third party also consider the use of technology to ensure you have visibility, transparency, sustainability and lowest total cost of operation.
Good technology helps with capacity, capability and confidence too, freeing up any specialist resources to focus on the thorny and specific needs of the organisation.
Ensure your leadership is involved. Do not abdicate accountability and select a firm or people that take a business led strategic approach to security, who follow recognised standards and are experienced in working in a digital paperless fashion.
An ISMS delivers a positive return on investment. The goal of our whitepaper is to show you why, what, and how you can get RoI from an ISMS that fits the business needs.
The key considerations when building the business case for an ISMS?
- 1Building the business case for an ISMS
- 3The Challenge is Growing
- 4Three Reasons Why Nothing Happens
- 5Planning the business case for an ISMS
- 6A Point on People
- 7In Considering The Technology
- 8What is an ISMS?
- 9Understanding the Components of an ISMS
- 10The People Involved in the ISMS
- 11Why Do Organisations Need An ISMS?
- 12Is Your Organisation Leadership Ready to Support an ISMS?
- 13Developing the Business Case for an ISMS
- 14Achieving Returns from the Threats and Opportunities
- 15Stakeholder Expectations for the ISMS given their Relative Power and Interest
- 16Scoping the ISMS to Satisfy Stakeholder Interests
- 17GDPR Focused Work
- 18The Return on Investment from Information Security Management
- 19Doing Other Work for Broader Security Confidence & Assurance with Higher RoI
- 20Build or Buy – Considering the Best Way to Achieve ISMS Success
- 21The characteristics of a good technology solution for your ISMS
- 22Whether to Build or Buy the Technology Part of the ISMS
- 23The Core Competences of the Organisation, Costs and Opportunity Costs
- 24Evaluating The Threats
- 25Identifying The Opportunities
- 26Work To Get Done for ISO 27001
- 27In Conclusion